Final Engagement Hui – Tamatekapua, Ohinemutu
Saturday 18th June 2022 at 10 am
Tēnā anō rā tātou e whakaū nei ki te whakatutuki i ngā wawata o rātou mā! Kia kaha te taetae mai rānei, te honohono mai rānei kia āta wetewetengia aua wawata kua tukuna mai ki ō tātou ringaringa.
This is the fifth and final in a series of hui to consider development options for the Trust lands and also to discuss introducing a Trustee Rotation and Election policy. Owners wishing to attend must pre-register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This hui will also be available via zoom and information on how to access zoom is available below.
Owners are advised that this hui will be seeking formal resolutions. Draft Resolutions as discussed at Hui #4 are available below:
There is NO voting at the hui, it is an engagement hui. Presentations, recordings and Q & A from the first four hui are on the website and owners new to the engagement process are encouraged to view these as this ground will not be covered again at the hui.
Please note that if Covid-19 issues impact on holding this hui an update will be on the website.
Trustee Elections Resolution
1. That the Tumu Kaituna 14 Trust applies to the Māori Land Court for an amendment to the Trust Order to allow for new rules for a Trustee Rotation and Election system based on:
- Seven trustees to hold office for four years
- An election for 2 trustee positions every two years starting from 2023 (with two existing trustees to stand down each election and be eligible to stand again)
- Trustee eligibility criteria based on a CV showing experience or an ability to contribute to land governance and/or financial management and/or tikanga Māori
- 3 of the seven trustee positions to be “hapū endorsed seats” relating to each of the 3 constituent hapū of the land, whereby the nominee must demonstrate they have obtained written endorsement from the relevant hapū authority or a recognised hapū kaumatua.
Land Development Resolution
2. That, in order to facilitate the development of Tumu Kaituna 14 land in accordance with Trustee Guiding Principles, the Tumu Kaituna 14 Trustees are authorised by the owners to negotiate with the Tauranga City Council the granting of Access and Use rights to the parts of the land shown on the plan as ‘infrastructure corridors’ and the ‘active reserve’ through easements or long-term leases on the basis that:
- The Trustees act in accordance with the Trustee Guiding Principles;
- The Trustees are prohibited from selling any part of Tumu Kaituna 14 land;
- The Trustees obtain best value compensation for the use/access rights by way of additional ownership of land and/or financial compensation;
- The Trustees return to owners with full details of the negotiated agreement for consultation before final agreement.
- Mihi and Karakia
- Review of Engagement Process, outcomes and key issues arising.
- Feedback and discussion on voting process for resolutions to address (there is NO voting at this hui, voting will be by postal vote)
That the Trust Order be amended to provide for a Trustee Rotation and Election System based on the proposal put forward to owners.
That the Trust Order amendment include a nominee process for three of the 7 Trustee positions to be hapū endorsed seats.
That the Trustees are authorised to negotiate with the Tauranga City Council Access and Use rights for infrastructure corridors and active reserve based on the proposal put forward to owners.
Resolution details above.
- Update on 2022 Trustee election process.
- Next Steps
Owners may submit written questions, comments or proposals by email to email@example.com or by post to P.O. Box 12003 Rotorua. Time will be made available for owners who wish to speak at the hui and via zoom.
An online owners survey is available here. We want to hear from as many owners as possible. This survey will only take a few minutes and is scheduled to end in a couple of weeks so please fill out your survey now.
Nō reira, e hoa mā, hei te 18 o te marama o Hune nei whakawhitiwhiti ai tātou, ā-tinana nei, ā-ipurangi nei, i ō tātou whakaaro.
- You will receive a Zoom link once you have registered your interest and verified as a shareholder
- You will also receive a reminder invite 30 minutes before the hui
To connect to the Zoom hui
- Click on the link in Blue and enter the password, your camera and speaker will be deactivated at our end
- Please make sure your “zoom name” is in the name you registered as for the ease of registering your attendance